Los Angeles, CA. – (January 27, 2021)
In honor of Greece’s Presidency of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance, The Los Angeles Greek Film Festival, The Consulate General of Greece and the UCLA Stavros Niarchos Foundation Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture present the 10-Day Virtual Event “Heritage and Memory: The Greek Jewish Experience”.
The public is invited to watch for free the 12 film selections and zoom lectures from January 27 to February 6, 2021
This special event is offered under the patronage of the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs and supported by philanthropists Aliki Perroti and Seth Frank. Event partners include the Panepirotic Federation of America and the UCLA Alan D. Leve Center for Jewish Studies.
As part of the Heritage & Memory, Focus on Jewish Greece event, LAGFF is offering the exclusive North American Premiere of Anna Rezan’s documentary MY PEOPLE: THE JEWS OF GREECE. The film will stream from Thursday, January 28 at 6 pm (PST) through February 6. My People is in consideration for an Oscar in the Best Feature Documentary category.
12 Films Available to Watch (Free) at www.LAGFF.org
- CLOUDY SUNDAY, directed by Manoussos Manoussakis
- ELEFTHEROMANIA, directed by David Antoniuk
- HEROES OF SALONICA, directed by Tom Barkay
- ISLAND OF ROSES: THE JEWS OF RHODES IN LOS ANGELES, directed by Gregori Viens
- LIFE WILL SMILE, directed by Drey Kleanthous
- KISSES TO THE CHILDREN, directed by Vassilis Loules
- MAGIC MEN, directed by Erez Tadmor & Guy Nattiv
- ROMANIOTES THE GREEK JEWS OF IOANNINA, directed by Agnes Sklavou and Stelios Tatakis
- THE GREAT FIRE OF SALONICA: BIRTH OF A CITY, directed by Gregory Vardarinos
- THE QUEEN OF REBETIKO: MY SWEET CANARY, directed by Roy Sher
- TREZOROS, THE LOST JEWS OF KASTORIA, directed by Lawrence Russo & Larry Confino