Our focus is on new voices and film projects with ties to Southern European and Balkan countries. Past selected projects have included filmmakers (Directors, Writers, Producers) from these regions and/or films set in or concerning these regions.
- Synopsis (1 page)
- Treatment (12 pages maximum)
- Directorial Intention Note (2 pages maximum)
- Director’s FIlmography
- Materials informing the audio-visual approach: still pictures, video mood board, etc.
- Link(s) (with password if needed) to previous audio-visual works
- 15 Script pages of the project in development (optional)
- Submission Fee (via FilmFreeway or Via the following buttons)
- If the project is selected, at least one representative of the film must attend Discovery Days at the Los Angeles Greek Film Festival, during the period June 7-11, 2023. The lab is geared toward directors. If the director of the film can’t attend, please notify us as early as possible to discuss whether the project can be presented only by the producer.
- The filmmaker will include “Produced with the support of Discovery Days and LAGFF” in the film credits if/when the film is eventually produced, together with Discovery Days and LAGFF’s logos.
- Applicants agree to allow the Discovery Days team to share the latest version of their project materials with select professionals participating in the Forum.
- Applicants agree to allow Discovery Days to use certain material(s) provided for promotional purposes in relation to the 2023 Los Angeles Greek Film Festival and Discovery Days.
- Applicants may be contacted for an interview.
A $1,000 prize is awarded to the project determined to be the most promising by the Discovery Days jury. The award is presented during the Los Angeles Greek Film Festival’s Closing Night Orpheus Awards.
Housing accommodations in Los Angeles are provided for one (1) non-local representative of the film during the lab. If there are more than one representative attending, we will try our best to accommodate, but can not guarantee additional housing.
Additionally, a travel stipend is provided to each selected project.
See the film submission platform below.
Film Freeway (FF) submission
a. FF application
b. Submit material via the Google Form
c. Pay fees on FF website
For inquiries, please write to: email@example.com
Follow LAGFF on the social networks to stay tuned about our news and events.