Feature, documentary short and animation films must have been completed within two years prior to April 2023.
Films must have been completed in 2021 or later, and not had a public screening in Los Angeles prior to the festival. For short films, an LA Premiere status is strongly preferred, but not required.
- All non-English films must have English subtitles. Submissions through FilmFreeway are encouraged.
- Electronic submissions and Online Screeners are also accepted. Please submit VIMEO uploaded film links to: email@example.com including user id and password as applicable. Commercial transfer sites, such as dropbox.com, wetransfer.com, yousendit.com, may also be used. Make sure that you include the title in the submitting email.
- More than one film may be submitted, but each must be submitted on a separate submission form and entry fee.
- The entry fee is non-refundable and required at the time of submission.
- Films submitted to LAGFF 2022 which were not accepted, provided they were completed no earlier than January 2021, may be resubmitted. A new entry fee and a completed submission form are required.
- It is strongly recommended that films submitted have a film trailer posted online. The trailer must have English subtitles.
- Feature film: 60 min and over
- Documentary film: any duration
- Short film: under 60 min
- Animation Film: any duration
- Best Fiction Feature Film
- Best Documentary Film
- Best Short Film
- Best Animation Film
- Best Directing for Feature Film
- Best Actor/Actress Award
- Audience Choice Award
- Special Jury Award (may be awarded upon the discretion of the Jury)
See the film submission platform below.
Film Freeway (FF) submission
a. FF application
b. Submit screeners via weblinks
c. Pay fees on FF website
For inquiries, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
My participation opened a new world of experiences, collaborations and friendships with some of the most important and interesting people in the film industry.
Follow LAGFF on the social networks to stay tuned about our news and events.